Дата публикации: 15.11.2018
We are glad to present the clinical case - Over-the-scope Clip-Assisted Endoscopic Full-Thickness Resection of Duodenal Bulb Neuroendocrine Tumor.
- Endoscopic full-thickness resection (EFTR) allows for diagnosis and potentially definitive treatment of GI wall lesion.
- Traditionally resection is performed first, followed by defect closure with over-the-scope (OTS) clips or endoscopic suture.
- OTS clip-assisted technique allows address of the defect prior to full-thickness resection
70F with history of obesity and peptic ulcer disease presents 11 months following laparoscopic gastric sleeve
- Referred for upper endoscopy.
- Duodenal mass biopsies consistent with well differentiated neuroendocrine tumor.
The patient elected for endoscopic resection
Procedure tolerated without complication - the patient was discharged to home from the PACU the same day.
- Grade 2 Neuroendocrine tumor
- Negative margins
- 6 cm
Instrument: Full Thickness Resection Device (FTRD System) produced by Ovesco AG (Germany)